BSc Nursing and Nursing Course in Bangalore
Duration : 4 years
Eligibility : 10+2 ( Physics Chemistry & Biology )
Type : Degree
BSc Nursing is a 3-year undergraduate program in science offering a major in Nursing. This course is provided as a branch of medicine in many colleges. This bachelor's degree enables nurses to perform a variety of professional roles. The curriculum includes nursing science, leadership, research, leadership, and areas related to the practice of nursing. The students will also receive a general education in humanities, math, and social sciences. Graduates can get great career advancements and opportunities with high pay, just with a degree. It is a requirement for teaching in administrative, consulting and research roles. Nursing offers a wide range of career opportunities from entry-level nursing practitioner to a doctoral-level research team member. Nursing is a high demand health profession which focuses on providing personalized care and treatment to the patients. Upon course completion, Professional nurses can choose to focus on particular specialties like cardiac care nursing, ambulatory care nursing, dermatology care nursing and so on. The nursing community worldwide aim to provide quality care for all, while maintaining their credentials, working standards, code of ethics, and competencies. Nurses take care of all the patients irrespective of the patients’ age, gender or cultural backgrounds.
BSc Nursing is a high demand career in India and abroad. A nurse can earn highly paid jobs just by completing graduation. Certifications and higher studies can improve the students the career prospects. The main responsibilities and duties of a nurse are:
- Planning nursing care requirements as per the patients' needs
- Giving both postoperative and preoperative care
- Administering medicines and intravenous injections
- Checking and recording patients’ basic health parameters
- Supervision of junior staff
- Emotionally supporting patients and people around them
- Teaching student nurses
Admission to B.Sc Nursing Course in Bangalore is based on entrance exams held in between April-June. Candidates will be able to fill in the application in both offline and online modes. Some of the colleges or institutions have their own entrance exam for admissions. The entrance exam is held for a duration 2-hours and objective type questions are asked. Each wrong answer carries a negative marking and the total score is 400.
Nursing has been a high demand medical profession for the past decade. The scope and reach the nursing profession have risen substantially with technological advancements in the healthcare field. BSc Nursing colleges in Bangalore are best known for producing highly qualified and dedicated nurses and nursing staffs. The curriculum is designed so as to ensure the student's academic excellence but also trains the students in their interactions with the patients. The courses offer detailed knowledge about and options to choose between various domains of nursing like -O.T. Techniques, Ophthalmic Nursing, Leprosy Nursing, TB Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing, Orthopedic Nursing, Community Health Nursing and Cancer Nursing. All the leading nursing colleges in Bangalore offer promising placement and salary package after course completion.
PARAMEDICAL COLLEGES OFFERING NURSING
Colleges select nursing students through a common entrance exam and the students' overall performance in 10+2. Some institutions also conduct their own entrance exams. The BSc nursing course details and entrance exam topics are mentioned below
- Successful completion of 10+2 under a recognized board with an aggregate score not less than 45%
- Higher secondary level knowledge in all the concepts in biology, physics and chemistry is included in the syllabus for the entrance test.
- Other sections in the syllabus for entrance exam are general knowledge, English language and general ability
- The final selection is based on the candidate's overall performance in the higher secondary level examination and the entrance test conducted by the institute.
- Supervision of junior staff