Bsc Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Courses in Bangalore
Duration : 4 years
Eligibility : 10+2 ( Physics Chemistry & Biology )
Type : Degree
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT) is the use of assessment and treatment to develop, recover, or maintain the daily living and work skills of people with a physical, mental, or cognitive disorder by identifying and eliminating environmental barriers to independence and participation in daily activities. Occupational therapists work with clients of all ages. Occupational therapists work with people with a wide range of health needs like helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain skills, and providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes. Occupational therapists work in different practice settings such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing facilities, home health, outpatient clinics, private practice, school systems, private organizations, industry, and community agencies such as return to work programs, prisons, and community settings.
The curriculum includes topics including Occupational Therapy in Orthopedics, Clinical Neurology, Occupational Therapy in Neurology and BioEngineering, Occupational Therapy in Rehabilitation along with other general health care subjects. Occupational therapy services typically include:
- A detailed and individualized evaluation, during which the therapist choose a treatment strategy for the patient with the consent of the patient/family members of the patient.
- personalized intervention to monitor and improve the person’s will and ability to perform chosen activities to reach the goals
- Evaluating the outcomes to ensure that the goals are being reached to make changes to the intervention plan if any required.
- Protecting the patients from excess exposure to radiation
The Eligibility Criteria for admissions in Bsc occupational therapy is mentioned below
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 from a recognized Board of education with a minimum aggregate score of 45%.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects in higher secondary level with the aggregate score, not less than 45%.
- The candidates are shortlisted for admission based on their performance in 10+2 and the entrance test conducted by the institute (not a compulsory procedure for all institutions), followed by a final round of counselling.
- The average course fees for the course ranges from INR 2 lakhs to 5 lakhs.