BSc Perfusion Technology & Perfusion Technology Course Details –Bangalore
B. Sc. in Perfusion Technology is a 3-year undergraduate course that specializes students in the management of the physiological and clinical requirements of cardiac surgical patients. Perfusion Technology in a broader sense is the study of health conditions and associated equipment used to manage and monitor the functioning of the heart and/or lungs during surgical procedures. Clinical Perfusionists are expert members of the surgical team who share responsibilities with the cardiac surgeon and anesthesiologist and provide physiological support to patients. A perfusionist’s key responsibilities include
- Incessantly monitoring the patient's physiological conditions.
- Selecting patient-specific cardiac equipment.
- Examining blood chemistry and giving corrections during bypass.
- Blood collection for autologous blood transfusions.
- Processing and implementation of the intra-aortic balloon pump(IABP).
- Monitoring and preventing blood coagulation.
- Helps in the placement of ventricular assist for recovery or heart transplantation.
- Support patients receiving liver or lung transplants.
Apart from working in hospitals with the surgical team, BSc Perfusion Technology graduates are also employed by individual surgeons or perfusion companies. Perfusionists can also work as a part of educational institutions as professors or researchers, some are hired by industries that manufacture and sell various perfusion- technology related supplies and equipment. Thus a perfusionist needs to possess a thorough understanding of the functioning of both respiratory and circulatory systems along with the operations of complex clinical equipment. Additionally, the ability in handling stressful situations, paying great attention to detail and effective communication are the preferred characteristics.
The average salary offered in India to successful postgraduates of this course per year ranges between 3 and 16 lacs, depending upon the candidate’s expertise in the field. The Perfusion technology course details are discussed below:
- The minimum eligibility criteria required by the candidate is the successful completion of 10+2 or equivalent qualification under a recognized board.
- The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology as subjects in 10+2 with, individual and aggregate scores not less than 45%.
- The selection process is based on the candidate's overall performance at the 10+2 level, the common entrance test, and personal interview. Subsequently, candidates are assessed and shortlisted.
- The average course fee ranges between, per annum depending upon the institute offering the course.
- The curriculums consist of advanced knowledge of clinical and applied perfusion technology along with subsidiaries Applied pathology, microbiology and pharmacology. The syllabus may vary for different institutions.
BSc Perfusion Technology Colleges in Bangalore
BSc perfusion technology colleges in Bangalore are some of the best colleges in India offering graduation or/and post-graduation in paramedical courses. The courses offered by these colleges highly focus on application level teaching along with helping build strong theoretical knowledge. Quality education experienced and dedicated faculties, advanced equipment and great infrastructure are guaranteed. The colleges offer promising placement opportunities and real-time interactions and experience with patients and advanced types of equipment. On the successful course completion, postgraduates get paid between INR 3 and 16 lacs, depending upon the candidate’s expertise in the field.
NARAYANA HRUDAYALAYA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
SRI DEVARAJ URS MEDICAL COLLEGE
BGS GLOBAL MEDICAL COLLEGE
JAYADEVA INSTITUTE OF CARDIOLOGY
VAIDEHI INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
SAPTHAGIRI INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
RAJARAJESWARY MEDICAL COLLEGE
RAMAIAH HARSHA HOSPITAL
ST JOHNS MEDICAL COLLEGE
BALAJI MEDICAL COLLEGE
SRI LAXMI NARAYANA MEDICAL COLLEGE
KMCH INSTITUTE OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE
AMRITA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE
MADRAS MEDICAL MISSION
AJ INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE
MEENAKSHI MEDICAL COLLEGE
DANANALAXMI SRINIVASAN MEDICAL COLLEGE
KONGUNADU INSTITUTE OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE
Perfusion Technology Course and Perfusionist Jobs
Perfusionists are health professionals who work together with the medical team to monitor and manage a patient’s physiological state during cardiac surgery or any other major surgeries involving the heart or/and lung. BSc Perfusion Technology or any other Perfusion technology course is designed to provide detailed theoretical and practical knowledge to students. After graduation students can also pursue post- graduation or achieve a certified status (issued by the Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion of India) for career excellence. Perfusionist jobs are highly paid jobs and demand a high level of proficiency. They perform cardiopulmonary bypass in adult as well as pediatric surgical procedures; with advanced and relevant education, perfusionists can opt-in for teaching, work with a research team, work for perfusion equipment suppliers for managerial positions involving sales of perfusion products