Bsc dialysis and Dialysis technology course -Bangalore
Duration : 3 years
Eligibility : 10+2 ( Physics Chemistry & Biology )
Type : Degree
BSc Dialysis technology course is an undergraduate degree to train students to administer haemodialysis treatment methods for patients with renal failure. B.Sc. Dialysis course has been structured to offer eligible students a specialization in a wide range of technologies and their application involved in the process of renal dialysis. The course curriculum is structured so as to educate and train students to perform various responsibilities like equipment repair and maintenance, dialyzer reprocessing, water treatment monitoring, vascular access monitoring and direct patient care. The dialysis technology course ensures in-depth knowledge about the basic anatomy and physiology and professional standards and ethics of working related to a career in dialysis/renal dialysis. Upon course completion, dialysis technicians work under the specialized Doctors and Nurses at hospitals or healthcare institutions offering dialysis treatment. Dialysis technology offers a variety of job titles like dialysis technologist, clinical nephrology technologist, hemodialysis technician and renal dialysis technician. All these allied health professionals provide direct patient care. Dialysis technologists assess patients' vital signs prior to dialysis, perform renal dysfunctioning. They are eligible to administer drugs like local anaesthetics and provide emergency medical interventions.
Dialysis technologists are responsible for making sure the proper functioning of dialysis machines. Dialysis technologists can work in hospitals, private dialysis centres or outpatient clinics. A B. Sc. in Dialysis Technology covers specializations like cardiac care technology, dialysis technology respiratory care technology, imaging sciences technology and clinical medical lab among others. The responsibilities of dialysis technologists include
- Setting up and monitoring the use of a dialysis machine
- Keep a record of the vital body stats of the patient
- Direct care of the patient
- Guiding and helping patients regarding the queries related to dialysis and other renal abnormalities
- Administering anaesthesia (under supervision)
- Supervising the whole dialysis process
- Sanitization and maintenance of dialysis machine
The eligibility criteria and admission requirements for BSc dialysis or dialysis technology courses are as mentioned.
- An aggregate score of 55% for general and 50% for SC/ST candidates, in 10th & 12th examinations, the under a recognized board of education. (the percentage may vary for different institutions).
- Students should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects, with a minimum aggregate score not less than 45%.
- For some institutions, the applicants should not be less than 18 years or more than 23 years of age
- The annual course fees range between INR 20k to 3 lakhs.
- The selections for admission follow the merit-based procedures. Marks scored by students in 10+2 examination and relevant entrance tests are taken into account.