BSc audiology and audiology courses in Bangalore
Duration : 3 years
Eligibility : 10+2 ( Physics Chemistry & Biology )
Type : Degree
B. Sc. in Audiology is a 3-year undergraduate course that offers specialization in the treatment of hearing, balance, and related disorders. The program is structured to train students in the techniques necessary for communication with patients who experience impaired hearing or related sensory disorders. Audiologists are healthcare professionals who specialize in identifying, monitoring and treating hearing impairments and disabilities. They handle hearing problems and tinnitus. Audiology is the branch of study that deals with identifying, assessing and managing of individuals with problems in hearing and balance. An Audiologist assesses hearing, helps fit hearing aids and other amplification devices, deals with noise measurement and control, and addresses the communication needs of people of all ages who face hearing balance disorders. Graduates of audiology courses are thoroughly trained in administering auditory tests for infants, children and adults, interpreting and reporting test results, development and improvement of test techniques, and communicating with a wide variety of patients. Qualified graduates can find employment in the public and private sectors, such as schools, hospitals and speech therapy and audiology practices with a degree in audiology.
Audiologists possess extensive knowledge of the human vestibular systems and sensory organs, and they receive comprehensive training in sound generation, which is necessary for the accurate fitting and use of hearing aids. The key responsibilities and duties of audiologists are
- Examining patients with hearing, balance, or related ear problems
- Assessing the results of the examination to diagnose the problems
- Determine and provide treatment for meeting patients’ requirements
- Provide treatment for tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
- Fitting hearing aids
- Educate patients along with their families on ways to listen and communicate
- Record the patient’s progress
- Make aware patients about methods of preventing hearing loss
The eligibility criteria required for admissions audiology colleges are mentioned below:
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 from a recognized Board of education with a minimum aggregate score of 45%.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects in higher secondary level with the aggregate score, not less than 45%.
- The candidates are shortlisted for admission based on their performance in 10+2 and the entrance test conducted by the institute (not a compulsory procedure for all institutions), followed by a final round of counseling.
- The average course fees for the course ranges from INR 1 lakhs to 5 lakhs.